Thursday, June 16, 2011

Meat Loaf for Mike

I'm not super into trinkets or t-shirts when traveling. I've always taken lots of photos and that was more of the "keepsake." Recently, Mike and I have started purchasing a cookbook that reminds us of where we traveled to. Our first book is from our San Fran trip. I picked up Tyler Florence Family Meal. I've always watched Tyler on the Food Network and been a fan. This book is something I was drawn to not only because of its Northern California focus but because of what it is all about, family meals. The book has good stories, lots of pictures and a nice variety of recipes.

First up, the glazed turkey meat loaf. Mike will always choose ground beef over ground turkey but in an effort to lighten up the meal, I went with a ground turkey recipe. I'm sure the layer of bacon on top of the meat loaf cancels out the "lighter" idea I was hoping for but, what can I say, the hubs likes meals that involve bacon. Since I'm gone a few days a week, I made this before I left and packaged it with mashed potatoes so he can work on the honey-do list I left :)




1 comment: