Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I have been doing some major spring cleaning... our house, cars, yard, mind, body, calendar... everything. Its a lot of work but I love the feeling once its all done!

While cleaning out a large stack of mail, catalogs, papers to be filed, articles pulled from magazines, recipes (you get the picture), I came across some articles I pulled about food and health that I'm going to take some pointers from. One of the things I liked the most was an "I believe" list from Meg of Megg Salad:


  1. You are what you eat. Literally.

  2. Your body is telling you something, you have to listen.

  3. Counting calories is a waste of time.

  4. Know what you're eating.

  5. Food is powerful.

  6. Diets don't work.

  7. Food isn't the only thing that feeds us.

  8. Exercise should feel good.

  9. You, and only you, are in control of your health.

  10. Health is a means, not an end.

Hopefully re-reading this list will help me shed some bad habits!

1 comment:

  1. With regards to #8, one thing I've realized since I've started trying to be a runner- my body can handle it, so it's more of a mind issue of not wanting to quit in the middle (or before I even start!)

    ReplyDelete