Oh, what is that you ask? That is a homemade tortilla, recipe from Alexandra's Kitchen. They are AAAHmazing and so simple to make. I saw a few recipes that called for lard but chose this recipe because it called for butter instead. (I have a really hard time buying and cooking with lard.)
Mike ordered Dublin Dr. Pepper marinated ribs for dinner Friday night at the Ranch and we made taquitos out of the leftover rib meat and eggs that we ate on these delicious flour tortillas.
I didn't have any problems with this recipe even though it was the first time I tried it. I cooked them on our griddle pan and it went totally smoothly, no burned tortillas at all. I do need to work on rolling them out just a tad thinner and they could have been a little rounder... we'll just say they were abstract. I also prepared the dry ingredients/cut the butter in using my food processor which I think is a lot easier than doing it by hand with knives or a pastry cutter. Next time I am going to try swapping in whole wheat flour for half the flour content and see what happens!
these look delish.
ReplyDelete