Friday, December 10, 2010

2nd Dish of Christmas 2010 - Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Biscotti

For my second dish of Christmas, I made chocolate dipped peppermint biscotti (basically a twice baked cookie) from the kitchn website. This was a really easy recipe and I'm pretty interested in the other biscotti recipe listed in that post. I bet it smells great!

The smell of the peppermint extract in this recipe is still lingering in our kitchen 10 hours after baking. The smell + Christmas tree and stockings mean Christmas is in full gear at our house! For our tree, I stuck with the mini tree I have been using the past few years and am going with a silver/gold/white theme. I already had some silver and white ornaments from prior years and picked up a few gold ones today. Mike got a camera ornament from Laura and my mom brought us a "new home" ornament over Thanksgiving so we are all decked out! Next up is to decorate the outside for the neighborhood contest :)













1 comment: