Everything came out great... my mom had a few leftover pecans to munch on and said the flavor was really good! What I ended up with looked like an overstuffed pecan pie but its the thought (and taste) that count right? Haha!
Monday, December 6, 2010
1st Dish of Christmas 2010 - Something Like Pecan Squares
I love to make family members homemade gifts at the holidays. My mom and her sisters are particularly easy because they love all kinds of sweets... chocolate, pecan, coconut etc. This year I wanted to make something like these pecan squares by Ina Garten. I started out with grand ideas of making everything in this recipe and quickly figured out I wanted to find a short-cut. I had an extra deep-dish pie shell in the freezer and decided to cut the recipe in half and substitute the pie shell for the crust portion of the recipe.
Everything came out great... my mom had a few leftover pecans to munch on and said the flavor was really good! What I ended up with looked like an overstuffed pecan pie but its the thought (and taste) that count right? Haha!



Everything came out great... my mom had a few leftover pecans to munch on and said the flavor was really good! What I ended up with looked like an overstuffed pecan pie but its the thought (and taste) that count right? Haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment