Alright, I don't know what is going on with my biscuits but they never seem to be as tall as the photos of the recipes I use. I'm not sure if I'm rolling them out too thin or the baking soda/powder isn't working correctly. In any case, I made these while my parents were in town. Taste great but I don't think I've found "best" biscuit recipe out there yet. The search (and baking) is still on (no complaining either... I clearly have a love for southern biscuits).
Here's the
recipe from Bakergirl and a photo of hers... they just look much more scrumptious than mine!
Katie, I use this one and I love it!!! I even use it as my dumplings (I just omit a little baking powder then to make them less puffy) but they are wonderful and so easy to make. I kept trying other recipes too and this is the only one that came out perfect!
ReplyDeleteWhat a small world! I really liked the taste but I want them to be fluffier/taller... I'll have to re-do :)
ReplyDeleteOh no! I left out the most important part!!! The website http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/jps-big-daddy-biscuits/detail.aspx it was these I tried! Whoops :)
ReplyDeletehaha thanks! i'll give that one a try asap!
ReplyDelete