We started out with Bravetart's French macaron recipe. Ann and I stuck with vanilla and Mitzi added 25 grams of cocoa to hers to make them chocolate. I filled mine with blackberry buttercream while Ann filled hers with pistachio buttercream and finally Mitzi filled her chocolate ones with marshmallow frosting (for hot chocolate macarons).
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Macaron Afternoon
Mitzi, Ann and I have been wanting to try macarons for a while now. Lots of bloggers talk about how temperamental they are and how a lot of the time they collapse and aren't very pretty. In P-dub fashion, we did an afternoon of baking at my house. We had a REALLY good day and luck on our side and were able to successfully make 3 kinds of macarons!
We started out with Bravetart's French macaron recipe. Ann and I stuck with vanilla and Mitzi added 25 grams of cocoa to hers to make them chocolate. I filled mine with blackberry buttercream while Ann filled hers with pistachio buttercream and finally Mitzi filled her chocolate ones with marshmallow frosting (for hot chocolate macarons).




We started out with Bravetart's French macaron recipe. Ann and I stuck with vanilla and Mitzi added 25 grams of cocoa to hers to make them chocolate. I filled mine with blackberry buttercream while Ann filled hers with pistachio buttercream and finally Mitzi filled her chocolate ones with marshmallow frosting (for hot chocolate macarons).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment