Mike and I took off to Houston last weekend to visit my bestie, shoot some photos, attend a wedding and visit with our wedding photographer turned friend Julie (oh and eat and sleep too). I'm sure you can guess that we planned 100 things into our short weekend... not even realizing we were coming into town during a golf tournament and the men's final four! Not to be discouraged, we edited our plans and got down to business...
(1) & (2) guava margaritas and brisket tacos thanks to el tiempo (3) & (4) a stop at laura's very local bar, rose's garden where we dropped in on an april fool's fake wedding reception and were offered sausage (that's what she said) and politically incorrect wedding cake then spotted this iguana (a real one that has been stuffed, ick) (5) lunch in cancun via juan mon's international sandwiches (such a cool idea, maybe nibbe could pull it off?) (6) & (7) antique shopping and gawking off taft (8) wiener dog (9) pulled pork taquito brunch at cedar creek (10) photoshoots
just a note... the hubs and i celebrated 6 months of married life yesterday!
I would LOVE to have a sandwich shop with sandwiches inspried by different countries, assuming that means I get to travel more!
ReplyDeleteAlso, just tweeted about Mike! Hope he gets more followers!
Hands down most fantastic weekend ever! I love that Pacie made the blog and The Rose Garden did too. Love bestie weekends! P.S. got a coupon from PURE yesterday ... I think that means spa date next time I am in Dallas. Love you much!
ReplyDelete