I really liked this baked dish filled with eggs, cheese, spinach and potatoes. (Since there were only 3 of us, I halved the recipe.) The original recipe from Pioneer Woman calls for a layer of sausage but I omitted it. This was plenty filling and I didn't miss the sausage at all. I also didn't add extra cheese to the top and broil it. It was also easy to put together. I got up around 9, did all the prep work and popped it into the oven. Then, Mike, Shellie and I went out to take pics and came back about 15 minutes later to a finished dish!
Friday, April 15, 2011
Florentine Bake
Our friend Shellie was nice enough to pose for some photos for Mike this weekend. After they were finished with the photos, and as a small thank you, I made this florentine bake with baked apple struesel pancake bars (coming in a few days). (Ann has posed too but her cooking has to wait until Lent is over!)
I really liked this baked dish filled with eggs, cheese, spinach and potatoes. (Since there were only 3 of us, I halved the recipe.) The original recipe from Pioneer Woman calls for a layer of sausage but I omitted it. This was plenty filling and I didn't miss the sausage at all. I also didn't add extra cheese to the top and broil it. It was also easy to put together. I got up around 9, did all the prep work and popped it into the oven. Then, Mike, Shellie and I went out to take pics and came back about 15 minutes later to a finished dish!
I really liked this baked dish filled with eggs, cheese, spinach and potatoes. (Since there were only 3 of us, I halved the recipe.) The original recipe from Pioneer Woman calls for a layer of sausage but I omitted it. This was plenty filling and I didn't miss the sausage at all. I also didn't add extra cheese to the top and broil it. It was also easy to put together. I got up around 9, did all the prep work and popped it into the oven. Then, Mike, Shellie and I went out to take pics and came back about 15 minutes later to a finished dish!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment