Spring (hopefully) is right around the corner. Like I said last time, I spent most of the weekend enjoying the sun and breeze on the porch in Orange. I can't wait for Spring to stick around for a while. Its typical February today... cloudy and overcast but there are 79 degree forecasts and sunny days ahead.
Defininately looking forward to days where we can leave the windows open, installing a screen door, working a bit in the yard, hitting the farmers market (see below!), taking a couple of trips, birthdays and enjoying not wearing a coat and uggs to work!
Foods in season in Texas during Spring -
March: broccoli, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, grapefruit, mushrooms, oranges, spinach and sweet potatoes
April: blackberries, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, grapefruit, oranges, peaches, spinach, strawberries and turnips
May: blackberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, cucumbers, honeydew melons, nectarines, peaches, pears, peppers and summer squash
My grandparents always had a garden with lots of tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. I don't know if I'm that talented but I would love to try growing some jalapenos, cilantro or parsley over the next few months.
I have a sweet potato soup recipe I need to make while they are in season. Also thinking about some pancakes/waffles with blueberries, pasta with mushrooms and spinach and hope to try a peach cake recommended by Ann!
Please share the sweet potato soup recipe! And which farmers' market do you go to?
ReplyDelete