Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chocolate Stout Bundt Cake

I have been so MIA lately... and Mike's been more than understanding and making up where I was lacking so I decided to do lots of nice things for him over Valentine's day weekend.

I gave him a new camera...http://blackbirdflycamera.com/ He was talking about wishing he had one of the originals... little did he know I had already purchased this version which uses 35mm film.

I also made this chocolate stout bundt cake from Real Simple's December 2010 magazine:


Shellie & Ann got a few extra cupcakes I made knowing I would see them at brunch the next day :) Nibbe also stopped by to see the house and sample a slice of cake!

I also attempted to make mike chicken fried steak and homemade tator tots. Eh. If there's something I'm not good at, its frying things. Which, I'm semi-ok with the fact that I'm not very good at it because I really don't enjoy doing it. Mike liked the chicken fried steak... I was less than thrilled. The homemade tator tots were ok... not worth all the trouble. I also made gravy and biscuits to go with our supper. Those two parts I really liked but the rest I could have skipped.

Overall, a pretty successful weekend spent spending time with Mike, catching up with friends, cooking and trying to get the house back in order.

2 comments: