Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend in Orange

Most of the reason I spend so much time in the kitchen now is because I spent a lot of time in it growing up watching my parents cook and then learning to do it myself. Case in point... I spent the weekend in Orange with the family and spent the large majority of it in the kitchen (and the rest enjoying the 80 degree weather on the porch).



we didn't make these but my dad, sister and i love to get chili dogs. its not james coney island but its a good second place chili-dog from weinerschnitzel



saturday i taught my sister how to make cake balls. they aren't very pretty... the humidity was killing me. we made two flavors, german chocolate for my mom and her sisters and chocolate-strawberry for everyone else.


i also taught megan and her boyfriend how to make pasta carbonara with baby spinach and surprised my parents with a homemade dinner saturday night.

we cook breakfast every saturday and sunday morning. sunday's was mom's french toast, eggs & bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment