Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Waffles

This weekend Mike and I had dinner with newlyweds Nick & Erica and another long-time friend of Mike's, Adam. Both guys were groomsmen in the wedding.

We had a delish dinner at The Ranch in Las Colinas which is by far one of my favorite places to eat. I love to get the Dublin Dr. Pepper & Crown to sip on all night long. We also discovered Saturday nights are half-price bottles of wine so we had a great Chardonnay courtesy of Adam.

The menu is FULL of local ingredients and the menu even tells you where the ingredients come from.... I love that!

Highlight of dinner was a new item on the menu - chicken & waffles! These little stacks came with whipped sweet potatoes on the bottom topped by a piece of waffle with ancho maple glaze topped by a piece of boneless fried chicken with creamy jalapeno gravy. To die for!

The photo isn't fantastic because its a little dark in there and it was on my blackberry. You can also see the kobe tacos we ordered :)


I'm going to have to experiment with making my own chicken & waffles very soon!

1 comment: