Back to the enchiladas. I'm not happy with that red sauce in a can business... although I found one I can tolerate at Central Market... its smoked hatch chile enchilada sauce or something close to that name.
Nothing beats this sauce though. Its smoky and thick. Really easy to make and has no meat (which will come in handy when I need meals on Friday during Lent). I made Mike's half of the pan with ground beef seasoned with chipotle lime seasoning and mine with just mixed mexican cheeses.
I wasn't happy with the photos so check out the Homesick Texan's recipe and photos!
Here are some other recipes on the blog that I have my eye on...
- black eyed pea dip
- chipotle sweet potato soup
- flour tortillas
- jalapeno cheese bun
- migas
- mexican chocolate pralines
- chorizo cream gravy
- jalapeno cheese grits
- brisket tacos
I LOVE Texas cooking and food. My great friend Jen, currently residing in London and missing chips and queso, will be happy that I'm practicing making Texas treats for her to eat on her next visit!
No comments:
Post a Comment