Its been a few months since I posted a reading list. Here's what I've been reading since that post!
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (per IMDB - set for movie release in 2011 with Rob Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon, pretty excited!)
The Invisible Circus by Jennifer Egan
Testimony: A Novel by Anita Shreve
Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve
The Weight of Silence by Heather Gudenkauf
What I like about most of these books is that they take place in either a location or time period that I won't ever get to experience which makes the story all the more interesting. I especially enjoyed Moloka'i since it takes place in Hawaii over 100 years ago. (Its based on historical events but is a fictional character's story.)
Currently Reading: Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts (3rd book in a 4 book series about a group of best friends who run a wedding planning business - pretty timely!) and Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote.
Still debating on whether I should buy a Nook. I love the idea but kind of feel like I have too many gadgets... I'm just not sure if I can give up real books. I really enjoy going to a bookstore and browsing and I still am a proud owner of a public library card! Thoughts? Anyone have one?
i was just going to do a post like this!
ReplyDeletei bum off my mom for her library card :)
I'm so excited about these books! I'm heading to Half Price books this weekend to see what I can find :)
ReplyDelete