Thursday, January 28, 2010

Reading List

I get asked to recommend books sometimes so here is a list of what I've read since the Christmas holidays...

The Emperor's Children by Claire Messud

In a Perfect World: A Novel by Laura Kasischke

Dream When You're Feeling Blue: A Novel by Elizabeth Berg

Somebody Else's Daughter by Elizabeth Brundage

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

and currently reading Water for Elephants: A Novel by Sara Gruen

As you can tell... I read a lot. The two I enjoyed the least were The Emperor's Children and Dream When You're Feeling Blue. The first didn't pull me into the story and the second had an ending I just didn't get on board with (still a good story).

I'm just beginning Water for Elephants... its about a traveling circus during the great depression. The characters are pretty odd (which probably isn't a surprise) so it should turn out to be an interesting book!

1 comment:

  1. ok some books on my list:
    american wife (i know, it's NOT new at all but i haven't read it!)
    Committed (Elizabeth Gilbert-author of Eat Pray Love)
    Hunger Games (another vampire series teehee!)
    all Jane Austen

    PS love your new background template :)

    ReplyDelete