Here are some things that are inspiring our guest room! (This is the first room we are starting and will use it partially for unpacked-box storage while we get the other rooms painted and organized.) More than anything, I want our house to be comfortable. Nothing too fussy. However, I do want this room to have a little bit different feel than the rest of the house since this is more or less where I'll have my extras and Mike's stuff will be in the office... I imagine myself doing a lot of reading and some keyboard playing in this room so I want it to be a relaxed room with some bold spots.
Phlox Martha Stewart paint from Home Depot (walls)
Purple Elderberry Martha Stewart paint from Home Depot (accent)
Daybed with white linens and white pillows in multiple textures (WestElm)
clear nesting tables (CB2)

adorn the walls with a couple of mike's black and white prints and one bold black and white graphic or text like this one from littlebluedeer.com
And, here's an outfit from this season's Mondo on Project Runway that I've got in the back of my mind while looking for things for the room...

We've primed the room and are ready to paint the phlox color on the walls. Pictures coming but might be a short while. The actual move won't happen until we get back from our honeymoon!
Any ideas or inspirations - share in the comments!
No comments:
Post a Comment