I didn't have everything I needed to make pancakes from scratch so I started with the box of Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancake mix and made the batter according to the box. To make them a bit special, I thawed a handful of frozen strawberries last night and tossed them into the food processor this morning. I stirred the smooth strawberry mixture into the pancake batter right before cooking for strawberry pancakes.
Mike likes lots of maple syrup on his pancakes but I like a less syrup and something lighter in taste. So, I searched a bit online and found a recipe for honey syrup:
Bring 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup sugar to a boil, cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Lower heat to low and add in 1/3 cup honey, stir to dissolve honey into sugar syrup. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Everything turned out yummy for a last minute idea. Next weekend will be a bit more planned out... check back for "Fat Tuesday Pancakes" in honor of Mardi Gras!
Yumm!! Those look delicious! I almost made pancakes this morning too, I am definitley craving some now!
ReplyDeleteYUMMMMMMMMM!
ReplyDelete