Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hill Country/Venue Search Weekend

My parents and I took a short trip to the hill country to visit my great aunt and uncle and look for wedding venues. My relatives live in a great house in Spicewood. Beautiful and relaxing! See pictures below of them with my parents and their hilarious Portuguese water dog, Amy.




After visiting two venues in Spicewood, we were starving. We went to eat at Backstage Steakhouse and Garden Bar. Highlight was the jalapeno corn cake with crawfish. For those who will be at the Stanley's on Saturday, I am attempting to recreate this for the bar-b-que!


Monday we were in downtown Austin. After visiting two more places and walking all over downtown, we stopped at Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill for lunch. My dad had a yummy looking burger but refused to let me take a picture! My mom and I got spicy chicken tortilla soup and "corn dog" shrimp with mustard and blueberry sauce. Great food again!




I'll post about the venue once Mike and I have made the final decision and put down the deposit!

1 comment:

  1. The hill country is the best! and cool looking dog! :) See you this weekend in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete