Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Mashed Potato Skins

I made this easy side dish for Labor Day BBQ at the Stanley's. Get the recipe from Rachael Ray here. This was such an easy dish... no need to even peel the potatoes! Another good thing about the recipe is that its pretty versatile. Want to use turkey bacon? Go ahead. Don't like green onions? Don't add them. Want to add roasted garlic? Throw some in. Make it exactly the way you like your potato skins or baked potato. (Just try to work with the basic ratios given in the recipe.) I happen to love white cheddar and green onions on my potato and Mike loves the bacon so I stuck to the recipe as written. Perfect to adapt to the menu for your next pot-luck, picnic or bbq!





And, I got to use the great casserole carrier that my mom MADE for me. It keeps the dish warm and helps prevent me from burning myself on it while getting it into the car. Love it and my crafty mom!

1 comment: