Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

Update! Mike said its good! Just need to tweak the ratio of dry to wet ingredients in the crust so it crisps better on the top.

I've seen about a dozen recipes for chicken pot pie lately. Also watched a recent Bobby Flay Throwdown all about chicken pot pie (against the Casserole Queens in Austin... love them!) So, today I attempted Sweet Potato Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie.

Sweet Potato Biscuit crust: 1. Katie: zero.

I have no idea why I couldn't get the dough over the casserole dish in one piece but let's just say it made a mess! I ended up having to sort of piece/spoon the dough back over the casserole dish to cover the chicken pot pie. Must re-work biscuit recipe a bit.

Here are some pics of the nicer looking aspects of the dish. Mike is going to have it for dinner tonight... I'll update with the verdict!






No comments:

Post a Comment